Mr. Charles Darwin and Galapagos Finches

I'm working on a new version of an older image. The last screenprint edition of Darwin's Finches sold out some months ago, so I am creating a new screenprint. This will be the third incarnation I have made of this image. It's kind of nice to have an excuse to draw Charles Darwin every couple of years. This is just the inked drawing. I'll post when we have the full color screenprinted version.

I know that so many different things factored in to Darwin creating his theory of evolution. The Galapagos finches did indeed have an influence, but there were other species on the Galapagos that probably had even more profound effects on his thinking. Knowing this, however, I still like this image of him with the finches. The finches are so iconic in terms of their connection to this shy man.


Comments

  1. Your drawing is beautiful. There is kindness in his face and I love the birds' version of a toupée. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathleen! I'm so glad that the kindness I wanted to convey came across.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts